The Clarion Hotel on Canterbury is here to help you every step of the way, to bring romance and style to your very special day.
Everyone needs a little help, so we have produced this simple check list to assist you and turn your Wedding Day dreams into reality.
Wedding Plan Checklist
12 Months Before
- Determine the style of your wedding (formal, semi-formal, informal, themed).
- Discuss and determine your budget.
- Make an appointment with the Wedding Co-Ordinator at the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury to reserve the venue.
(always book early as popular dates are reserved often 12 months in advance).
- Decide on the ceremony type (church, civil, celebrant).
6 to 11 Months Before
Start your search for:
- Your Wedding Gown, Bridesmaid Dresses, shoes and accessories, Formal Suit Hire for the groom and his attendants.
- Photographer and videographer.
- Wedding transport.
- Floral bouquets for bride and wedding party.
- Hair and Beauty stylist.
- Wedding cake.
- Compile a preliminary guest list.
- Choose and order your Wedding rings.
- Look at honeymoon options.
4 to 6 Months Before
- Organise and order Wedding invitations.
- Plan your music choices for the ceremony and reception.
- Finalise purchase of gowns and suit hire.
- Finalise purchase of accessories, shoes, veil etc.
- Sign up for your gift registry/honeymoon donation.
- Contact florist to finalise bouquet design for the Wedding party (don’t forget the parents too!).
- Book Wedding transport.
- Reserve accommodation at the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury for out of town guests.
- Choose and order your Wedding cake.
- Decide on your Wedding favours.
3 Months Before
- Finalise your guest list.
- Meet with you Wedding officiant to discuss the ceremony and to organise the marriage paperwork.
- Choose gifts for Wedding attendants and parents.
- Arrange fitting of suits for the groom and his attendants.
- Confirm honeymoon arrangements.
- Write your Wedding vows (if necessary).
2 Months Before
- Send out Wedding invitations.
- Meet with all of your suppliers and vendors to finalise the arrangements.
- Schedule a hair and makeup trial.
- Make or buy Wedding favours.
- Organise Wedding menu tasting in Oliver’s Restaurant at the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury.
- Finalise music selection with DJ or band.
- Meet with officiant to finalise ceremony details.
- Reserve a room for the Wedding night (this is included in the Wedding Package you have chosen at the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury).
1 Month Before
- Meet with photographer and videographer to finalise photo type and number of shots.
- Work on seating plan.
- Decide menu selection and dietary requirements with approximate guest numbers.
- Decide and confirm your Wedding vows and send copies to your officiant.
- Confirm all final payments have been made and confirm all dates, times, deliveries etc.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Arrange final dress fittings for the Bride and her attendants.
2 Weeks Before
- Finalise seating chart with the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury.
- Confirm delivery of bouquets with florist.
- Contact any guests who have not responded to your invitation.
- Notify the Clarion Hotel on Canterbury of guest numbers.
1 Week Before
- Collect gowns and accessories for the Bride and her attendants.
- Ensure the groom and his attendants have their final suit fitting.
- Re confirm EVERYTHING one more time.
1 Day Before
- Attend rehearsal (if required).
- Have your manicure, pedicure, facial etc.
- Confirm Wedding Day transportation.
- Re confirm hair and makeup appointments.
- Confirm all the duties of the Wedding party.
- Try to have an early night and relax!
Your Wedding Day
- Try to have a light breakfast, even if you aren’t hungry.
- Have hair and makeup done.
- Give yourself and your attendants between 2 and 4 hours to get ready.
- Take a deep breath and ENJOY your special day.
The Clarion Hotel on Canterbury will oversee every detail to make this day extra special.